Sep 4, 2010

City of Bones

City of Bones   By Cassandra Clare, First book in the Mortal Instrument series
I just barely finished this book this morning.So here is my review:
Summary of book:
When Clary Fray heads out to a night club with her friends, she hardly is expecing to witness a murder, much less a murder by teenagers covered with strange markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to rridding the earth of demons-and keeping werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgous golden-haired Jace. Within 24 hours Clary is pulled into Jace's workd with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary?

Ok so I really liked this book. It was upbeat and romantic and had a lot of good fantasy action which I love. The characters were well formed, and not at all annoying. I say that cause many books' characters annoy me, and are super super whiney, but this book the characters were well done. I was a little iffy about reading this, the first chapter was a little weird and also the author is friends with other author, Holly Black who writes  fantasy novels and I hate Holly Black's novels, they are super weird and have a lot of language in them. But getting through the first chapter I started liking it more and more. I also liked Cassandra Clare's style of writing.  I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
City of Bones  Four out of Five Stars ****

No comments: