Feb 18, 2012

Double Chocolate Cookie Bars

If you don't like chocolate, don't bother reading this post.
Imagine chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate, kind of a moussey chocolate, on top of oreo crust.  That is what these bars are. 
These bars a alot like making the Magic Cookie Bars I made the other day. But are way more chocolatey.



I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box like four years ago. I have no idea where she got it. I think she clipped it out of a magazine or something maybe it was a recipe to advertise for condensed milk, cause it has another recipe for fudge that you make with condensed milk. But I stole it from her (sorry mom, but do you really bake all that often anyway?) But I stole it for the fudge recipe, which by the way is really good and I will post on here shortly. But I have looked at this cookie bar recipe for ages always wanting to make it, but never having the oreos to make it...  But I finally did it, and now this is going to be a staple dessert recipe in our house! 

So here is the recipe: 

Double Chocolate Cookie Bars
2 C. finely crushed Oreos (about 24 cookies)
1/4 c melted margarine (I added 2 more Tbsp of melted butter because the 1/4 c. didn't seem like enough)
1 (12-oz) pckg semi sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup  nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Combine crumbs and margarine; press crumbs firmly onto bottom of 13X9 pan. In Medium saucepan over med. heat melt 1 C. chips with condensed milk and vanilla. Pour evenly over prepared crust. Top with nuts and remaining chips. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool. chill if desired. cut into bars. 

Oh my gosh these were so freaking good. I really liked them the night I made them, but they were even better the next day.




2 comments:

NanAppetit said...

Big chocolate cravings tonight. Pinned this!

Six Sisters said...

This looks absolutely heavenly!! Thanks for the recipe! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters