Aug 16, 2011

Despicable Me Cupcakes.

So I have a new love, Pinterest. I just got an account a couple weeks ago and I am so obsessed. But I was browsing on it the other day and came across these cupcakes from Plucky Momo, they are like the minions from Despicable Me. I liked the show but it wasn't one of my favorites, but I was in love with these cupcakes and I wanted to make them so bad cause they were so freaking cute. My sister-in-law however loves, loves, loves that show, and she was coming over that day, so I ran to the store, got my ingredients and quickly made them up. They were really easy to make. 

I did however kindof over fill the cupcake tins, so my cupcakes were hanging off the side a bit... so they were a nightmare to frost. I hate frosting things really really badly. So try not to look at my white frosting job on the cupcake... Cause I just didn't care. 


So all you do is you get some twinkies, cut them in half and pipe on some black frosting. You need some for the mouth, and then some for the glasses, I made little lines for the glasses and then two dots where the lenses should be, I put white smarties on the two little dots and then two more dots on the smarties. Next just place some chocolate sprinkles on top of them for the hair and stick the twinkie onto a frosted cupcake. EASY! 


Here is the picture on Pinterest of them. I couldn't find the actual page of them on Plucky Momo's blog, when the pin was made it was made on her site, and then she moved her site, so the pinterest pic works best. Hers are cuter than mine, but I was in kindof a hurry and I'm just not a perfectionist when it comes to frosting... 


And just in case you haven't seen the show, this is what they look like in the movie. 


No comments: