Jun 18, 2012

Beef Enchiladas






My mom used to make these Enchiladas when I was growing up. I was not an easy kid to cook for since I hate cheese and most other dairy products, so finding things I would eat is tough. Usually she would make something that she could easily leave a spot without cheese for me, but add cheese for the rest of my family, who all love cheese (ick!)
But I always loved these enchiladas, and they are pretty easy to make, not very much work at all. I make them pretty often because Jeremy loves them. It was one of the first meals I made for him once we were married. 

Beef Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef
1 small can green chiles
1 can refried beans
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
 5-7 tortillas
1 can green or red enchilada sauce

Cook the Ground beef  with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and cumin, until no longer in pink. Add green chiles, saute about 1 minute. Add refried beans, mix until beans are pliable and all mixed through. 
While that is cooking, get a 9X13 pan, spray with cooking spray, and add a tiny bit of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan, and move pan around so the sauce spreads. 
Get your tortillas and add the beef mixture to the tortilla, so it spreads across the tortilla in a line, you can add more or less depending on how big you want your enchiladas. I used mine to make 5 because I only had 5 tortillas, but I usually use six. 
Now line your enchiladas along the bottom of the pan. 
Add more enchilada sauce and cover the tortillas. 
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, cover in cheese, bake another 10 minutes or until tortillas are a little crispy on the edges. 
Serve! 

Beef, green chiles and beans mixed together



No comments: