Dec 9, 2010

I am a genius!


   
    So going along with yesterday's post, I did something with one of my vinyl phrases. So after I wrote yesterday's post I was thinking about what I should do with my vinyl since I can't just stick it directly on the wall, I dont' want to live in this apt forever. And then inspiration struck. I was sitting at my work computer in our office and I saw this old Ikea frame hanging up on my wall. I forgot to take a pic of what it looked like, but it was a rectangular frame with three different pics of New York City and frosted glass, it was more modern looking. I got the frame when I was at college, cause it looked cool in my college apt, but it didn't really go with my new design taste. Plus everytime my mom saw it she asked why I hadn't put pictures in it, I am always like, duh mom, thats how is supposed to look, its pics of New York, and it had like one of those paper backs that you can't open, so obviously the pics were artwork! But no one seemed to get it, so I just stuck it in the office on the wall cause it felt like a waste not to do something with it. I don't really decorate  my office, its always messy with scrapbooking stuff and I dont let anyone in there but Jeremy and I so it feels like a waste to decorate it. Anyway I am rambling...

So I took the Ikea pic off the wall and then mod podged on some damask card stock and then put my vinyl lettering right on top of the paper. It turned out super super cute!!

It says 'Home Sweet Home' its hard to read with the stupid glare.

But anyway I got this idea all on my own. So I was feeling pretty smart and creative. And it turned out soo cute!! I am so excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute and creative! Now I'm waiting for you to make me one:) Just kiddin:)

Anonymous said...

P.s. this is from your mom. I can't remember how to do this! ugh

Stacy Risenmay said...

I LOVE damask! And the red, black and white go really well together. Thank you for linking it up! It is awesome :)