Feb 10, 2011

Laziness and Warm French Dip Sandwiches

I have been so busy lately. Okay, maybe busy isnt the right word, I guess I have been LAZY lately. Really I like havent even wanted to like do my hair or makeup lately. I think its because of winter time, I am going to blame it on the snow. And to all of you out there across the U.S. who think you get a lot of snow, you are wrong! Utah gets the third highest snow fall in the nation (so said an article on Yahoo! that I read a few days ago) Colorado gets the highest and Utah is only like a inch below them on average, so we get a ton here!! And I hate the snow and the cold. It makes me not want to do anything. So these last couple weeks I haven't done anything. So that is why my crafty posts have been a bit far apart. Plus I finally got done with this other project that you will see next week, and it took me forever to get done!
But anyway, here is a quick recipe for French Dip Sanwiches.
I love French Dip Sandwiches, they are so warm and toasty and great for winter time.
And these are sooo easy to make.

1 pckg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 lb Roast Beef
Provolone Cheese
Rolls or French Bread

Make the onion soup mix according to directions on box.
I just get Roast Beef in the lunch meat secion, prepackaged, cause I am cheap, but it works. You can get some good roast beef at your grocer's deli. Once onion soup mix is almost done, pull apart pieces of roast beef and put them into the onion soup mix cook until everything is warm. Now with slotted spoon take out roast beef, put it on bread, I guess for French Dips you should use french bread, but I used my roll recipe cause I love those rolls.Place Provologne cheese on top of roast beef.  Now in shallow bowl or cup pour in onion soup and use that as your au jus and dip sandwich in that.
Perfectly delicous and easy!

They also have au jus packages in the like seasoning aisle, where they have the gravy packages and the taco seasoning stuff, but I haven't ever tried them.

So this makes a great dinner or lunch for you on a cold day!


Mine is the sandwich with no cheese!!







No comments: