Feb 4, 2011

Melt In your mouth buttery rolls.



Oh my goodness I can't even begin to describe how much I love these rolls. They are my most favorite rolls ever! I don't even remember the last time I actually bought rolls at the store, after these rolls I just cant do it. Neither can my husband, he aboslutely loves these rolls. Like really he gets so excited whenever I make them. And they are sooo easy! They are also from Ms. Betty Crocker and her fabulous cookbook. She never fails!
( I have included the regular recipe and the bread machine recipe below )

Dinner Rolls
3 1/2 c. All purpose Flour or Bread Flour
1/4 C. Sugar
1/4 C. Butter or Margarine (softened)
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tsp yeast (or 1 package)
1/2 C. very warm water (120-130 degrees)
1/2 C. very warm milk (120-130 degrees)
1 large egg
Butter or Margarine melted if desired

1. In a large bowl, stir 2 Cups of the flour, the sugar, 1/4 c. butter, salt, and yeast until well mixed. Add warm water, warm milk and egg. Beat with electric mixer on low for about one minute. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, stir in remainding flour.

2. Place dough on ightly floured surface. Knead about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy. Grease large bowl with shortening. Place dough in bowl, turining dough to grease all sides. cover bowl loosley with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.

3. Grease bottom and sides of 13X9 " pan.

4. Gently push fist into dough to deflte Divide dough into 15 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball; Place in pan. Brush with melted butter. cover loosley with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for about 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.

5. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.


Now I have never actually made them that way, all that kneading is just not for me. I guess if you have one of those awesome Kitchen Aid mixers they have a kneading blade and will knead it for you, but I don't have one of those, so I use one of the loves of my life, my bread machine!!! One of the best birthday presents ever! Thank you husband. Haha for my first birthday that we had since we had been married I asked for that machine and my husband did not want to get it for me, he said he thought it was a lame gift. But I had always wanted one, and I love that little machine. It is so amazing. So here is the recipe if you want to be lazy like me and let the bread machine do all the work.

Dinner Rolls (Bread Machine)

3 1/4 C. Flour
2 Tbsp Butter (softened)
3 tsp yeast
1 C. room Temperature water
1/4 c. Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 egg
butter or margine melted if desired

Place all items except melted butter i bread machine in order directed by the manufacturer. Select Dough/manual cycle (don't use delay cycle) Once the cycle is done, remove dough from pan and continue with steps 3-5 above.

I also put butter on them after they are done too.



I still need a good recipe for wheat rolls though. I love these rolls, but with the white flour they aren't super healthy, I want a healthy alternative to make once in a while... Any suggestions??




1 comment:

kimmers said...

think I'll try these 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white. Might be a bit better for ya! Thanks for the recipe.