Sep 29, 2010

My first Glue Gun

So I had been wanting a wreath for like the past year, but they were all like forty bucks for cute ones, which I was not going to pay, I won't even buy jeans for that much let alone some cute twigs. Haha yes, I am cheap. But I finally found my wreath, it was only eight bucks (five with my forty percent off coupon), so I bought it and took it home, but there was something missing, it was too plain. So the next day I went out and got some cute little fake flowers to put on, but I forgot to buy a glue gun to glue them on, and I didn't want to run to the store twice in one day, so the next day my wonderful husband came home with some beautiful fall flowers and a pink mini glue gun. He even got the glue sticks, which I am sure most men would not even think of. But I glued those flowers on an it looks ten times better!! Well at least I think so, but here is a pic of the finished project. I forgot to take a pic of it before I put the flowers on, but just picture it without the pink flowers and the ribbon.

4 comments:

Linsey Jackson said...

Man!! I have been wanting a wreath really badly too! :) You totally motivate me to do crafty things too. I know how you feel about not wanting to spend stinkin' 40 bucks on sticks haha :) Where did you find this one so cheap??

Vanessa@Lovin-Life said...

Thanks Lins, I actually wasn't crafty til I got this blog and saw what cute things all these ladies were making and I just had to make them too! And now I have all these projects I want to do, haha. I think I need more money! This one was at Roberts, it was eight bucks, and then I used the forty percent off coupon on it and then got the door hanger for it so I spent like eight bucks on the two of them total, so pretty cheap I guess.

Annaliese & TJ said...

cute wreath! love how you added the flowers to it!

Vanessa@Lovin-Life said...

thanks annaliese. Yeah I thought it added something extra to it.