Mar 1, 2011

Chicken and Artichoke Pasta



  So this is one of my favorite dishes. I love this recipe, it is so good, full of flavor, and pretty healthy for you too, especially if you use whole wheat pasta. I actually made this on my first date with my husband. He got off work at like ten at night, and so most descent restaurants were closed, so we ran to Walmart got the ingredients and made this. Don't ask me how I got roped into making dinner for a first date, but he loved it, and maybe thats what hooked him, my excellent cooking, haha. But really, his college roommates who were living on eggs and ramen were very jealous. 

This recipe is one my mom adapted from a dish at Johnny Carinos Italian Restaurant. It is really simple to make. I just made it for us on Valentines Day (again, got roped into cooking on our date... Good thing  I don't mind cooking).

Chicken and Artichoke Pasta

2 Chicken Breasts
2 diced Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Capers
1 (15 oz) Can Artichoke Hearts
1 (15 oz) can Sliced Olives
2 Cloves Garlic (Minced) 
1 lb Angel Hair Pasta
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
Parmesean to sprinkle on top. 

Boil Noodles until done, strain. 
While noodles are cooking cut up your chicken, you can dice it up or you can cut it in long strips. Cook Chicken in pan with a tiny bit of olive oil and the garlic. 
Once chicken is cooked through add in the olives, capers, and artichoke hearts. Mix and heat up, add tomatoes, cook about 1 minute more. Add Tomatoes. 
Now take noodles and put in bowl, add chicken mixture to the noodles, add the 2 Tbsp olive oil and then mix up. (If noodles are too dry, add more oil)
Serve. 

(ok, I added too much Italian Seasoning, the cap fell off, but it still tasted good, but yeah...)

1 comment:

April J Harris said...

Your chicken and artichoke pasta sounds absolutely lovely. I've bookmarked your recipe. Don't worry, you are not the first person to have the cap fall off a seasoning bottle!
By the way, I co-host a foodie blog hop called Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home on Fridays and I'd love for you to visit and link up :)

April
http://www.21stcenturyhousewife.com/index/Blog/Entries/2011/3/4_Entry_1.html