Mar 8, 2011

Guest Blogger, Jacabean Designs.

Guess what everyone, we have the first ever guest blogger here at Loving Life, please give a big hooray to Jackie from Jacabean

Hi everyone! I'm Jackie of Jacabean Designs, and I'm so excited to be a guest here
today :) A little about me...I'm a full-time graphic designer. I love to read, scrap, craft,
bake, and have a serious addiction to sweets...especially chocolate! I'm married to
a wonderful guy who puts up with my crafting messes, and even gives me a craft
challenge from time to time. My favorite color is yellow. I love digital scrapbooking,
and also design digital scrapbook kits at Brownie Scraps. Want to
see what's new in my little corner of the world? Stop by my blog and say Hi: jacabean.blogspot.com.

I'm here today to share with you all a little bit about digital scrapbooking. First, here
are my top 5 reasons why I love digital scrapbooking:

1. I Can Make Multiple Copies
This is why I initially made the switch. A few years ago, I decided I wanted to make
a heritage scrapbook. So many family members were interested, that I figured if I
made it digital, anyone who wants a copy can have one. I'm spending the time to do
it, so I might as well get more use out of it, and be able to share my creations with
others, right?

2. The Undo Button!
So I've got this vision, and I'm trying that new paper cutter...and it all goes wrong.
Grrr...I just ruined that picture. Or how about, I'm writing a paragraph about that
special moment, get to the last sentence, and misspell a word. Argh! I hate that! And
I imagine I'm not the only one...at least I hope :) Anyway, not only can you undo and
try again on the computer, but many programs also have spellcheck! And you can
center your text, change the size, spacing, color, etc.

3. My Photos Are Digital
All of my pictures from the past 5 years at least are digital. So if I want some to
scrap, I've first got to print them. Unless you're super organized and think ahead (I
usually am not), you can't sit down and scrap if you find yourself with a little free
time. BUT if I'm scrapping digitally, I just pick out which photos I want to scrap, and
I'm ready to go.


4. An Endless Supply of My Favorite Things
I'm one of those wackos who doesn't want to use the last piece of my favorite paper,
because then, it's all gone. I know, it's a waste not to use it, but I'm weird that way.
With digital, there is an endless supply! Want to put 20 of that one flower on your
page? Go for it! Heck, you can put 100 if you really want, and it didn't cost you any
extra.

5. No Mess!

In my new house, I will have my very own craft room. Yay! However, up until now,
I've had a bin full of stuff. Okay, well truthfully, many bins. And when I scrap? The
living room floor looks like the JoAnn's craft department threw up. It would drive
my husband nuts! With digital scrapping, it's just my and my trusty computer...a Mac
of course, but yours doesn't have to be :)

Well, there you have it! Now, would you like to see some of my pages? I'll try to
show you a variety of styles. With each one, I'll link you up to the scrapbook kit used,
and the template too. Yes, I am definitely a template scrapper! I don't always use
templates, but I have very little time to scrap, and when I do, it makes things much
easier if I have a vision going in. There's nothing wrong with a little help, right?

This is one of my favorites. My favorite color is yellow, so I think that has
something to do with it :) This was made with Afternoon by Marni
Designs
and Tempting Templates 7 by Rainy
Dayz Designs.
This one is definitely a little different from the everyday pictures. The kit used is
FlutterbyeFaery's Touch of Tan, and no template this time around. This one is all
me :)
This one is for my heritage album (as is the one above). It's created with Barren Beauty by PhotoCowgirl and Lazy Days
Templates 2 by Hornbuckle Designs

One last layout. Created with Soul Sister by Modern
June and Color Lovers 1 by Rainy Dayz
Designs.
And what do I do after I've created my pages? I get them made into books! I LOVE
the feeling of seeing my books for the first time. I actually got my 2010 album in the
mail from Winkflash recently, and I'm loving it. Here are a few pics:
That page on the right is a favorite of mine because the handcuffs, badge and whistle
are pictures of my hubbies actual police things. How cool is it to have those in
the book? Oh, and I know it looks like the book won't lay flat, but it will. This was
literally my first time looking thru it, and I ran to grab the camera right away. No
page protectors, but you could choose to print your pages and put them into a
traditional paper scrapping album with the page protectors if you like that better.

Ok, one last thing before I leave. I think I mentioned that I also design digital
scrapbook kits. The front cover of my book shown above is one of my kits (Smiling).
I've got a wide variety of kits in my store. Here are a couple:

Want to see more? You can check out my store HERE, and my layout gallery HERE. Have questions about
getting started? Stop by my BLOG
and leave a comment, and I'll answer the best I can. Well, that's all for now! Thanks
for reading :)

Wahoo, Thanks Jackie for being a guest blogger today. Aren't her scrapbooking pages amazing? It looks so easy too. I am totally wanting to merge into digital scrapbooking now.

No comments: