Jan 13, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Week of Recipes, Day # 4

Zucchini Bread


I don't remember where I found this recipe, but I love it. I made it last night at ten, I had a weird craving for it last night. I get weird cravings a lot, I can't tell you how many times I made my husband take me on late night runs to Artic Circle (a local burger place) to get fries or a chocolate mint oreo shake with fudge (Try it, now!) I don't know what we are going to do when I get pregnant someday, those cravings are going to be crazy.

Zucchini Bread

2 1/2  C. Sugar
3 eggs
3 C. Flour
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 c. oil
2 c. Grated Zucchini (I just use one zucchini and its usually only like 1 1/2 c. but its ok)
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 C. Chopped Nuts
3 tsp cinnamon

Mix everything together in a bowl, pour into bread pan. I don't know what size, mine doesn't say a size so I don't know what size it is, but for me the batter fills my regular sized one and a smaller one.
Bake at 350 Degrees for one hour.



This is the only recipe I have made of zucchini bread, and I absolutely love it. The outside is a bit crunchy. The first time I made it I was like, 'Oh my gosh I cooked it too long,' but then I tasted it and fell in love, the outside is my favoritest part, its like sweet and sugary and just lovely!!


UPDATE:
I have made this recipe lots more and still love it. But I have tweeked it to make it more healthy and still oh so delicious. 
I do half wheat flour, half white flour; decrease the sugar to 1 3/4 Cups; and add 1 C. applesauce instead of the oil. It is still amazing, but doesn't carry as much guilt. 
But if you want to stick to the original recipe, that is yummy too! 

1 comment:

These Are The Days said...

Ahhh, love zucchini bread!! So yummy, these food posts are killing me w/ this empty stomach. I need to go grocery shopping.