Jan 12, 2011

Week of Recipes, Day # 3

Week of Recipes 
Day # 3.

Sesame Noodles

I got this from the lovely Pioneer Woman, that lady is so amazing, and I bet hers tastes better than mine, everything she touches turns to gold pretty much. But I made it tonight and I loved it and so did my hubs Jeremy.


1/4 cup soy sauce
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2-3 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp hot chili oil
4-5 Tbsp canola oil
1 pound spaghetti, cooked
Green onions, chopped
Combine the first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour sauce over warm, cooked noodles and top with chopped green onions.



Lemon chicken

I like this chicken. I just kind of created it. Its really good. Its fast and doesn't require hardly any ingredients, its my back up when we have no food in the house pretty much. My little sister who is the pickiest person ever (really, the kid hates angel hair pasta but loves spaghetti noodles?? They taste the exact same!) but anyway, my sister loves this recipe, so I figure if she likes it, it is kid approved.


2 Chicken Breasts. (I butterfly my breasts to make them pretty thin which makes four breasts after I butterfly them  )
1 1/2 C Bread crumbs
2 eggs
2 Tbsp  Lemon Juice
Cooking spray
Put bread crumbs in a shallow bowl or dish, place eggs in a shallow bowl or dish as well and stir fast with a fork or whisk to make an egg wash.   Place chicken in egg wash and cover with egg completely. Then place the chicken in the bread crumbs and cover chicken completely. Spray a glass pan with cooking spray. Then spray both sides of each chicken breast with cooking spray this makes it a little bit crispy. Pour lemon juice over the chicken. Bake at 375. Since I make my chicken really thin since I don't like thick pieces of chicken. So it takes my chicken about twenty minutes to cook. But if you have thicker pieces it takes them probably around thirty minutes.
I also like my chicken a little crispier, which the oven just does not do, so after the chicken is done I quickly crisp the chicken. I just get a pan out and pour some olive oil in the pan, and turn the burner on to like Medium high, pour in about 1 tbsp olive oil and then get it hot, when its hot, stick the chicken on and let it sit there for about 1 minute turning over and cooking the other side when its a little browned. This is just optional, cooking it just in the oven is tasty too.







2 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Yummo. Love PW and all her recipes...I need to try that one.

lindsey said...

Yummy!!! Looks delicious!! Im always interested to see what you eat because i hear you are so picky haha!!