Jan 17, 2011

More Recipes and Chicken Noodle--Fast!

So I didn't get all the recipes done I wanted to do last week. I mean I did five last week which is what I wanted to do, but there were still a couple I wanted to share with all of you. So I will still be adding some more recipes this week as well to get through all the ones I wanted to do. And then after that I will keep doing more recipes as before but week of recipes will be done for a bit.

Here is an idea that I wanted to share with all of you that I thought was soo cute!

Chicken Noodle Soup in a Jar!!
How freaking cute is that.
My mother-in-law gave me this little jar of soup mix for Christmas among other things.
I thought it was so cute. What a great gift. This would make like a great neighbor gift for any time of the year! Especially since it is so cold and gross out right now.

So this little baby came with a jar of egg noodles (I think thats what they were, I only ever buy spaghetti noodles, someone want to help out here and confirm what these noodles are?) with some spices and flavorings inside the jar, and then she put a can of chicken on top and what you needed to add to it.



Sorry, kinda blurry, my camera really had a hard time taking close ups. Stupid thing!

So I don't know her exact recipe, I was going to ask her, but I forgot, but here is one I found on the internet that looks pretty similar click HERE for it. The recipe my mother-in law gave me and the web recipe both calls for water as your base, the one I linked to said 8 c. water, my mother in law said she tried her recipe with just the water and said it was bland, so I would recommend doing half of that chicken or veggie broth.

But man, I cooked it up, and it was fabulous! And so easy! I just added broth, carrots, onions and celery and it was done.


And my hubby loved it! I think we both had seconds

Yeah we usually don't eat up at the table, and I could have gotten up to take a nice picture, but I was hungry, so I had my hubby take a quick one before I dug in.

In a few weeks I am going to post a recipe for my mom's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, with homemade noodles, which is also super yummy so get ready for that!

No comments: