Jan 28, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies-- mmm mmm good

Well these babies are my all time favorite cookie. They are just sooo amazing and rich and my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
Pretty much you have got to try these ooey gooey cookies.
I have posted these before, like the third day I had this blog and had no followers and I took a crappy picture of the cookies, so here it is agian.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:


3 C. Quick Oats
2 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Margarine (2 sticks) Softened
2 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 C Flour
1 pckg chocolate chips (I prefer Semi-Sweet)

Mix everything together except flour and chocolate chips with electric mixer in big bowl. Then add flour slowly. Then add chips and mix again. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes

Also a good tip for cookies, if you feel your cookies are constantly going all flat and pancake like on you while they are baking, try putting your cookie dough in the fridge for about twenty minutes before you bake them. Works like a charm every time for me.
Its is weird, they used to never go flat for me, but when i moved to our apt they did, I think it depends on the humidity, your alitude and your oven. So its a great trick to try if your cookie recipes are angering you!

Also who here is a fan of cookie dough?? I can't ever decide which I like better, the cookies or the cookie dough. I know, sallmonella and all that, well I have been eating cookie dough for 21 years and haven't got sick yet, and i think if I did get sick, I would still eat it, I like it that much.



No comments: